By Bond Street Distillery
We said that we would be back to you with news and here we are.
On Friday evening the 20/03/2020 the Prime minister made it clear to all those in the hospitality and leisure industry that the country and the NHS needed these companies to close their doors and that people should isolate.
As a team we realised that we could do more for our community and so began diversification into producing hand sanitiser using the alcohol that we have available. We realised that this would help the community and local businesses. We are currently giving some of the hand sanitiser free of charge and so far have given to schools that are still looking after children of key workers, members of the NHS including a midwifery team locally and nurses and paramedics. We know that there is also a demand from the local community, we want to support you as much as we can, so we have had an idea.
To fulfil the requirement and to keep our costs as low as possible we are asking if you need Hand Sanitiser (made to the world Health Organisations guidelines and formula) you can do the following:
- Post or bring to our outdoor post box on your daily exercise or walk a refillable bottle, The bottles can be 50ml, 100ml, 200ml only.
- Put it in an envelope and complete the order slip which you can download and print put this in the envelope. (If you have any problems doing this as you are not able to leave the house please email the order slip to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR OWN BOTTLE BACK JUST THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF SANITISER. ALL BOTTLES WILL BE FULLY SANITISED.
- We are charging the following to fill your own bottle:
- 50ml £2.25 + Postage if required
- 100ml £4.50 + Postage if required
- 250ml £11.25 + Postage if required
- If you don’t have a bottle, follow exactly the same system re the form. We will charge the following:
- 50ml £2.75 + Postage if required
- 250ml £13.75 + Postage if required
We will only be able to provide up to 250ml per household (please use it responsibly so that you only refill it when needed, this will enable us to distribute it evenly across the community).
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT LOOKING TO MAKE A PROFIT WE ARE ONLY COVERING OUR COSTS AND REDISTRUBUTING THE EXTRA MONEY TO MAKE FREE SANITISER FOR WORKERS THAT ARE KEEPING US AND OUR LOVED ONES SAFE AND THOSE MOST VULNERABLE IN THE COMMUNITY.
- We will then call you to make payment over the phone
- You can either pick it up on your daily shop or exercise/walk (we have provided a safe standing payment area for you).
- If you have requested postage because you can’t get out we will then mail it out to you (We will advise you on the phone of the postage charge).
PLEASE NOTE SUPPLY ISSUES FOR THE BOTTLES AND CLOSURES ARE A REAL ISSUE TO US AND WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN TO MEET LOCAL DEMAND AND THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN DELIVER THIS SERVICE AT PRESENT TO THE PUBLIC AS WE ONLY HAVE A SMALL AMOUNT OF BOTTLES TO BUY. SO WE NEED TO ASK FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
If you have spare bottles, containers, dispensers please, please, please donate them to the cause.
As a new business we don’t want to disappear and feel that if we can do something for our community then we should. Making sanitiser as well as gin has been an interesting challenge but the community supported us to make gin and embraced us so it’s the least we can do to help our community. This isn’t all we will be doing but this is the starting point. Re-purposing where possible and helping as much as we can is the right thing for all companies to do in this unprecedented time.
Thank you for all your lovely messages and support, honestly every one of our staff has had a bit of a teary moment. We will get to all your emails and orders as soon as we can, we promise. We are down to the bare bones in staff and everybody is working as hard and as long as they can. Stay healthy and stay strong, follow the NHS and government messages and advice and we can hopefully all have a drink together soon.
Gin is still for sale and when you buy from us you know we are doing all we can to put this back into doing something for our community.