This is my authentic recipe for a mojito, perfect and refreshing for any hot summer day.
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tbs sugar, or to taste
- 5 or 6 ice cubes
- 1 shot of rum
- 120ml soda water
- Sprig of mint to serve
- Place the mint and sugar into a highball glass and ‘muddle’ with the end of a clean rolling pin (remember you are only bruising the mint to release the flavour not crushing it completely).
- Squeeze the wedges of the lime over the mint and sugar.
- Add the ice and pour over the rum.
- Add soda water to taste and stir well.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.